Information Systems Laboratory
(통신 및 정보 시스템 연구실)
- Waveform Design for Commercial
Faster-Than-Nyquist, TDMA, OFDM, UWB)
- Waveform Design for Military Applications (Radar, Spread-Spectrum,
Multi-antenna, Jamming, Anti-Jamming Techniques)
- Statistical Signal Processing
and System Optimizations
(Transceiver Design for MIMO, Relay, Cognitive Radio
- Information Theory with Emphasis on Signal
Signals, Cyclostationary Signals)
- Channel Modeling and
(RF, Ultrasound, Infrared, Lightwave, PLC, Optical/RF MIMO Channels)
Systems and Radar, including RF Relay, RFID Systems,
and Phased Array Radar
In the field of
physical-layer communication and information systems, transform students from dependent to independent researchers
- who can communicate effectively
- and work interdependently with others
- to actualize themselves
- and contribute to society
- by making differences on the world.
- To publish high-quality academic research
formulating new problems, finding un-intuitive, counter-intuitive,
non-trivial, and unexpected solutions to open and new
problems, and interpreting them.
- To file patents of high impacts by
inventing new communication and information systems or their functions.
- To perform industrial
projects and contribute to industrial
development of new communication and information systems by
collaborating with engineers and disseminating attained knowledge.
- To help young
researchers grow not only to have working knowledge on the
specialized field but also to have life-time self-learning capability.
Communication and Information
418 LG Research Building
Department of Electrical Engineering
Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH)
San 31, Hyoja-Dong, Nam-Gu
Pohang, Gyeongbuk 790-784, Republic of Korea