EECE 341 Introduction to Communication Systems (Fall 2016)
offered by Dept. of Electrical Eng, Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH).
Instructor: Professor Joon Ho Cho
Office) LG 409
E-mail) jcho (at) postech (dot) ac (dot) kr
Office Hours: by appointments (매주 수요일 오전 9시-오후 4시 사이. 사전 약속 필수)
최정훈 cjh0110 (at) postech (dot) ac (dot) kr
Office) LG 418
Office Hours) To be announced.
김병준, 김환진, 박재용, 최지욱
Outputs of class meetings will be available at Schedule/Downloads.
A. Bruce Carlson and P. B. Crilly, Communications Systems: An Introduction to Signals and Noise in Electrical Communication, 5th edition. McGraw Hill 2010. ISBN 978-007-126332-0
Peyton Peebles Jr., Probability, Random Variables and
Random Signal Principles 4th Edition, McGraw-Hill
Simon Haykin, Communications Systems, 5th edition. Wiley, 2009. 0471697907
Simon Haykin and Michael Moher, Introduction to Analog and Digital Communications. Wiley, 2007
Bernard Sklar, Digital Communications: Fundamentals and Applications, 2nd Edition. Prentice Hall, 0130847887
R. E. Ziemer and W. H. Tranter, Principles of Communications, 6th Edition. Wiley 2008.
This course is to provide junior-year EE undergraduate students an overview of communication systems. In particular, it covers noise, DSB, SSB, VSB, PM, FM, PCM, etc.
본 강의는 Flipped Learning 방식으로 진행됨.
수강생은, 녹화되어 제공되는 작년 영어 강의 자료를 예습한 후 수업에 참여함.
수업시간에는 Q and A와 Quiz를 실시함.
수업 시간은 한국어를 위주로 진행함.
Special Remarks on Coverage:
본 과목에서는 행정고등고시 기술직 5급 (기술고시) 2차 시험 과목중 '통신이론'부분이 1/4 정도 커버될 예정임.
2016-1학기의 'EECE 441 디지털 통신 개론'과목에서 약 1/4 정도가 커버됨.
'EECE 578 디지털 통신'에서 약 1/4이 커버됨.
'EECE 577 정보 및 코딩 이론'에서 약 1/4이 커버됨.
EECE233 Signals and Systems
(For any pre-requisite related questions, consult the instructor.)
1. Homework and Quiz
2. Midterm Exam (Th. 10/13, 11:00am-12:15pm, at LG 105)
3. Final Exam (T. 12/20, 11:00am-12:15pm, at LG 105)
5. Class Attendance (PRS) Pass/Fail
Grading Policies for Homework and Quiz
1. Re-grade requests must be filed in writing within one week after the graded quiz has been returned to students.
2. Each sub-problem will be graded according to the following scale: 100%, 60%, 20%, and 0%. So, you had better have a complete solution than an incomplete solution.
1. Students may take exams earlier than the original schedule if he/she requests at least one week earlier.
2. Excused class absence on an exam day may lead to a make-up exam for the absentee.
3. Re-grade requests must be filed in writing within one week after the graded exam has been returned to students.
4. Each sub-problem will be graded according to the following scale: 100%, 60%, 20%, and 0%. So, you had better have a complete solution than an incomplete solution.
Your final grade in A+-F will be based on the total standardized score you earned.
Policy on Academic Dishonesty
If the instructor suspects academic dishonesty, the instructor will notify the student(s) and follow the procedure to report to the school without any exception. Students have the responsibility to be knowledgeable about the consequences of dishonesty.
See, recently published report cover page and academic honesty guide.